Jer 51:1 - Athbash

Dan Wagner Dan.Wagner at datastream.net
Thu Dec 28 18:50:53 EST 2000

If so, then in Jer. 25:25 why is it used [assuming _ZMRY_ emended to _WMKY_
= _(YLM_] as a repeated reference to Elam which might indicate a double-dose
of punishment for its king? Also, why use it exclusively for Elam (and
Sheshak, of course)? The focus might be judgment upon the king of
Sheshak/Babel who will drink after all those other miscellaneous kings (v.
26), but Elam is not significant in that misc. list.

I don't know the answer, but even apart from the evidence of this possible
example, it doesn't satisfy me.

Dan Wagner