Documentary Hypothesis (tables 10 & 11 in Gottwald)

Jason Hare language_lover64801 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 23 05:21:30 EST 2000

B-Hebrew Listers,

I know this post is long in coming, but some time in the past I sent a
message to B-Hebrew, asking if anyone knew of a book I could get that would
lay out the various divisions according to their (presumed) authors
according to the Documentary Hypothesis (JEPD).  I have found just such a
table (actually in two tables), and their location was not far from home.
On that prior post, I stated that I had just acquired Gottwald's book _The
Hebrew Bible_.  Having gone on a trip to St. Louis, I read the first two
chapters of the book.

Last night I opened it again for the first time since that trip.  I decided
this time to take a perusal through its pages to skim the content.  I found
the exact tables which about which I had asked information on pages 151-153
(Genesis 11.27-50.26) and pages 182-187 (Exodus to Deuteronomy).  In case
this information is useful to anyone, I have sent this message.  Have a
great holiday season (whether it be Chanukah, Christmas, or anything in
between) and enjoy the new year.

B'rachot aleichem,
Jason

Jason A. Hare