Isa. 42:3

John Richards jhr at universalist.worldonline.co.uk
Wed Dec 20 03:51:34 EST 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Rea" <cctr114 at it.canterbury.ac.nz>
> >It suits the purpose of the
> >Gospel writers to make them do so nonetheless.

> This is a blatant attack on a particular faith. I believe such attacks
> are not permitted under our charter.
>
> Moderators, your opinion please!

I write as a Anglican clergyman!!! But also as a scholar, to whom careful
objective
search for the TRUTH is more important than supporting the club.
"My country (or my religion) right or wrong" has done incalculable harm in
the world. We do not have to believe the gospels are perfect in every way to
be Christian, and sincerely so. But I apologise if my assessment of
Matthew's Hebrew scholarship has offended anybody.

John Richards