Isa. 42:3

Bill Rea cctr114 at it.canterbury.ac.nz
Tue Dec 19 14:55:46 EST 2000

John Richards wrote:-

[Big snip]

>It suits the purpose of the
>Gospel writers to make them do so nonetheless. Your quotations from Isaiah
>in parallel with Gospel quotations come in the same category.They prove
>nothing - except to already committed Christians who believe that the Isaiah
>passages in question were intended from the beginning as "prophecies" of
>Jesus, and look no further.

This is a blatant attack on a particular faith. I believe such attacks
are not permitted under our charter.

Moderators, your opinion please!

Bill Rea, Information Technology Dept., Canterbury  University  \_
E-Mail b dot rea at it dot canterbury dot ac dot nz             </   New
Phone   64-3-364-2331, Fax     64-3-364-2332                   /)  Zealand
Unix Systems Administrator                                    (/'