2 Kings 2:23-24

Peter Kirk Peter_Kirk at sil.org
Tue Dec 12 11:17:48 EST 2000

This use of "lads" is common in many parts of my native England. It sounds
like it has made it as far east as Sydney, so it is hardly a "local
colloquialism". But apparently it has not made it to those isolated parts of
the English-speaking world across the Tasman Sea or the Atlantic. ;-)

Peter Kirk