Question Concerning Inspiration (was Joe)

Bill Rea cctr114 at it.canterbury.ac.nz
Sun Dec 10 16:05:11 EST 2000

Ian wrote:-

>>PK: I insist on my right to discuss the (literal or otherwise)
>significances
>>of Biblical Hebrew texts on the b-hebrew list, including consideration of
>>questions of historical accuracy.
>
>Insist away, Peter. When you produce argumentation based on valid
>contemporary evidence then perhaps you might start doing history as well.

I agree with Peter here. This list is for Biblical Hebrew. Where
historical evidence helps us to understand the texts it is very welcome,
but the list is not primarily for people to "do history". It is
quite clear from the exchanges taking place that our current historical
knowledge isn't particularly useful in helping us understand the
texts. People make very different interpretations based on the same
historical evidence.

Bill Rea, Information Technology Dept., Canterbury  University  \_
E-Mail b dot rea at it dot canterbury dot ac dot nz             </   New
Phone   64-3-364-2331, Fax     64-3-364-2332                   /)  Zealand
Unix Systems Administrator                                    (/'