Writing Unicode Hebrew

John Richards jhr at universalist.worldonline.co.uk
Sun Dec 3 14:09:29 EST 2000

From: "Peter Kirk" <Peter_Kirk at sil.org>

> Meanwhile you can and should already use Unicode Hebrew for your web
pages,
> which is what sites in Israel already do. At least all IE5 users will be
> able to view them, and the standard should soon be supported by all
> browsers.

This is good advice, but while I can see it is easy enough to DISPLAY text
in Unicode Hebrew, what I do not understand at present is how one can WRITE
it with any sort of speed, in a word processor, for example. I presume it
does not entail typing in the full Unicode code for every character or
diacritical point. - ?

John Richards