Holy inspired or myth making men?

Tsadowq at aol.com Tsadowq at aol.com
Wed Aug 30 20:58:13 EDT 2000

Hello,

In a message dated 08/30/2000 1:22:51 PM Mountain
Daylight Time, mc2499 at mclink.it writes:
<< We normally think of a day (which can be measured
from morning to morning as the author does) refers to what
we "moderns" indicate with the precision of 24 hours. >>

The key here, is the words "as the author does".

Whether or not it was P, or Moses, or whoever
might have written/edited the text...

The whole axiom pivots on the belief of the individual:

Do we believe that these men were "holy inspired"?

IMHO, man merely served as God's amanuensis.

These men are not recording their OWN thoughts, but were
"inspired" by God to write; they are recording the thoughts
of the Creator. The Creator was presumably the ONLY
conscious Entity during the creation of our existence,
and truly serves as the only credible witness to inform
mankind of Genesis 1's incredible events.

It is not remarkable then, to contemplate that the
Genesis account and "days" of creation are not
according to man, but according to GOD.

This is the same God, who told Moses and Peter,
that to HIM, "a day is as a thousand years."

Incidentally, I have no personal need to extend
the days of creation to fit some kind of creationist
timeline. My own purposes for conforming to the
"day as a thousand years" formula, is for the
purpose of aligning prophecy.

The Old Testament is filled with many passages
where this formula may be used to understand
prophetic events.

As a small example, we might note that the
appearance of the SUN on the FOURTH day
of Genesis, was a perfect foreshadowing of
the appearance of the "SUN of righteousness"
(MAL 4:2) -- who many believe was the Messiah
who appeared in the FOURTH millennia.

Best Regards,
Glen