Gen 1:1 Creatio Ex Nihilo?

Liz Fried lizfried at umich.edu
Tue Aug 29 23:42:40 EDT 2000

It does seem to be reserved to God. Of the 43 times
the word is used, 28 are used by P and by Isaiah.
The rest are in Psalms, Ezekiel, Jeremiah, and I
think they quote Gen.
(All of which supports my suspicion that P is pre-exilic,
and that 1st Isaiah is P, but that is neither
here nor there.)
I think it's simply the word that P reserves for God's
activity.

Liz