Literary Classification of Genesis

Bill Ross wross at farmerstel.com
Tue Aug 29 21:16:33 EDT 2000

<LM>
What literary classification would you assign it then and why?

<Bill>
Prophetic history? It runs on a continuum with the rest of the record of
God's activity in creation and redemption of man. There is no point at which
the account goes - "okay, that was a parable, now we'll start talking about
things that really happened". Each account dovetails into the next so we are
presented with an orderly account of events of interest to those who want to
know their Creator and His dealings with men.

Bill Ross