Light

Bill Ross wross at farmerstel.com
Tue Aug 29 18:43:59 EDT 2000

<Noel>
The priestly author did not know the nature of light, its pointless trying
to convince people who believe the texts to be man made that Genesis fits
with science.

<Bill>
I was reading a book on optics recently that said that as late as the 1500's
the two main schools of thought concerning vision were:

* a "skin" came off of each thing, and that "skin" entered the eyes (the
problem being - how we see a big mountain with our little eyes?)

* a huge "probe" extended from our eyes, sensing the things we see (the
problem being - how do we see extremely distant things such as stars?)

I have always read "light" being used in the Genesis context as meaning
"energy".

Bill Ross