The 24 hour "evening and mornings" ???

Michael Hildenbrand hildenbr at Haas.Berkeley.EDU
Tue Aug 29 16:59:33 EDT 2000

Stephen,
	The use of the term "24 hour"is to translate into more technical
(and thus more clear) English terminology in this discussion.  If I were
to use the term "day" everyone on this list would be wondering "does he
mean a *real* day, or a day of 1000 years or a day of a billion years."
This is not because the English word "day" is insufficient in
communication generally, really that in this context where people have
re-defined the term.  The word "day" can also mean the daylight part of a
day.  Lest I appear to *not* reflect the biblical text, I use the term
"24-hour day."  If you have a better term, I am very much open to it.
The phrase "24 hour" does not reflect how I feel the ancients perceived
time.

Michael