The 24 hour "evening and mornings" ???

Michael Hildenbrand hildenbr at Haas.Berkeley.EDU
Tue Aug 29 11:59:42 EDT 2000

Dave,
	The sun and moon are simply God's time pieces.  Evening and
Morning existed before the sun and moon were created.  Evening and
morning exist if it is cloudy in our present day.  You may argue that the
sun and moon are despite the clouds in the way, but you are not
understanding the phenominality (is that a word?) of the text.  The text
describes things as one would view it from earth.  I fail to see how
one should take evening and morning any other way than literal.  How would
you *translate* evening and morning?  This would indicate how you
understand the terms.  Would you translate them "evening and morning" with
a little aside "hey that's what I said, but I really mean it
differently"?  If it isn't literal (as both of the terms are used
*everywhere* else), what is it?

Michael