The 24 hour "evening and mornings" ???

Kerry Shirts shirtail at cyberhighway.net
Mon Aug 28 22:09:46 EDT 2000

----------
From: 	Tsadowq at aol.com[SMTP:Tsadowq at aol.com]
Reply To: 	Tsadowq at aol.com
Sent: 	Monday, August 28, 2000 3:37 PM
To: 	Biblical Hebrew
Subject: 	Re: The 24 hour "evening and mornings" ???

Hello,

In a message dated 08/28/2000 4:36:17 AM Mountain
Daylight Time, Peter_Kirk at sil.org writes:
<<Unfortunately, as a general rule in Hebrew studies, the
limited size of the corpus and the lack of native speakers
means that we cannot argue that a word or phrase must
always have a particular meaning from the lack of un
ambiguous examples of it having another meaning. >>

As Peter Kirk has so very well pointed out,
there are certainly no "native speakers" who
may categorically impose upon the reader
EXACTLY what this passage means.

I completely agree, and with that in mind...

It is my belief that, linguistical arguments which contradict
sound theological answers -- should be taken with a grain
of salt the size of Lot's wife.

Kerry:
LAUGH! Gadzooks ain't Biblical imagery fun?!

Kerry A. Shirts

Best Regards,
Glen

---