The 24 hour "evening and mornings" ???

Tsadowq at aol.com Tsadowq at aol.com
Mon Aug 28 17:37:01 EDT 2000

Hello,

In a message dated 08/28/2000 4:36:17 AM Mountain
Daylight Time, Peter_Kirk at sil.org writes:
<<Unfortunately, as a general rule in Hebrew studies, the
limited size of the corpus and the lack of native speakers
means that we cannot argue that a word or phrase must
always have a particular meaning from the lack of un
ambiguous examples of it having another meaning. >>

As Peter Kirk has so very well pointed out,
there are certainly no "native speakers" who
may categorically impose upon the reader
EXACTLY what this passage means.

I completely agree, and with that in mind...

It is my belief that, linguistical arguments which contradict
sound theological answers -- should be taken with a grain
of salt the size of Lot's wife.

Best Regards,
Glen