Dobson

Peter Kirk Peter_Kirk at sil.org
Sat Aug 26 12:44:28 EDT 2000

I had the benefit a few years ago of taking John Dobson's Hebrew classes on
which his book is based. I remember that he used to give us what some people
call "total physical response" drills, though I don't think Dobson called
them that. For example, he would address each of us by (temporary Hebrew)
name and say "Qum", and expect the one addressed to stand up. I guess that
is what he intends students of his book to do.