Dobson

Ray Clendenen rclende at lifeway.com
Sat Aug 26 12:02:31 EDT 2000

I have used at least six first year Hebrew grammars over the years either
to study or teach Hebrew. I have just started using Dobson's new grammar
(SIL distributed by Eisenbrauns), which has many excellent features. One
thing I'm having trouble with, however, is an exercise in which he asks the
student to "mime" certain Hebrew words. A mime is someone who acts out an
action or character without any words. But what does the author mean by
"miming" a Hebrew word, phrase, or clause? Does anybody happen to know or
would venture to guess? Thanks.

Ray Clendenen