b-hebrew digest: August 22, 2000

Bill Rea cctr114 at it.canterbury.ac.nz
Wed Aug 23 19:10:10 EDT 2000

Liz wrote:-

>God didn't kick them out because they sinned, there is no
>mention of sin at all, the word never occurs. God kicked them
>out for one reason only, to keep them from becoming gods.

I don't find this convincing. Could you explain what you think
sin is, at least in this context. It appears to me God gave a
clear instruction not to eat from the tree of the knowledge of
good and bad. Both Adam and Eve disobeyed and did eat from it.
If that's not sin what is it?

Bill Rea, Information Technology Dept., Canterbury  University  \_
E-Mail b dot rea at it dot canterbury dot ac dot nz             </   New
Phone   64-3-364-2331, Fax     64-3-364-2332                   /)  Zealand
Unix Systems Administrator                                    (/'