Jeremiah 1:11 & 12

Jeremy Sasser jeremy at fish.pair.com
Tue Aug 22 19:15:46 EDT 2000

Hello,

I would like to start a new thread, if I may...

I came across these verses, Jeremiah 1:11 & 12, yesterday and the Hebrew aspect is fascinating.  The Hebrew word used for almond is shaked and for watching is shoked.  I understand that those two hebrew words share same root: SH-K-D.  (please forgive me for not using standard characters.)  What I would like to do is to understand the significant of those two words.  Is YHWH playing with words or is YHWH using almond as a visual representation of watching?  Are there any good commentaries on this?

Thanks,

Jeremy