Sv: Rohl: An Evaluation

peter_kirk at sil.org peter_kirk at sil.org
Thu Sep 30 12:12:33 EDT 1999

Rohl does credit James, but not that he has borrowed from him, rather
that they worked together earlier. Rohl writes (pp.403-404):

"I began to publish my research into TIP [Third Intermediate Period]
chronology in 1983, by which time a number of researchers had been
involved in developing the original theory. Peter James, the principal
author of Centuries of Darkness, was introduced to the TIP revision in
1979 and added much to the initial chronological model over the
following four years. In 1984, by the end of that period of joint
research, many of the anomalies of TIP chronology had been noted and
catalogued. James... then went off to develop his ideas... resulting
in the publication of Centuries of Darkness in 1990."