Gen 26:13

Dave Washburn dwashbur at nyx.net
Wed Sep 29 12:13:49 EDT 1999

Friends,
In Gen 26:13 we seem to have a rogue weqatal, W:GFD"L.  The
two preceding clauses are both wayyiqtol, the following one
(subordinated with a preposition) is qatal.  I can't see any reason
why a weqatal would be between these.  BHS suggests repointing
to W:GFDOL to make conjunction + adjective, but I'm not so sure.
It looks to me like this may be an example of qatal with the simple
conjunction rather than a weqatal, but I'm wondering what others
think.  How does your approach to the verb system treat this word?

Thanks,

Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur
"Ich veranlassenarbeitenworken mein Mojo."