14 sons 6 daughters Job 42

Mark Markham markhamm at topsurf.com
Tue Sep 28 17:59:45 EDT 1999

Job 19
25 "And as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives,
And at the last He will take His stand on the earth.
 26 "Even after my skin is destroyed,
Yet from my flesh I shall see God;
27 Whom I myself shall behold,
And whom my eyes shall see and not another.
My heart faints within me.
The New American Standard Bible, (La Habra, California: The Lockman
Foundation) 1977.

It seems like a ref to life after death to me. Did he not have 7 sons before
his testing? Did he not have 7 after?

If some one asks me how many parent I had I would say 2-- even if one is
deceased. Job had 14 sons and 6 daughters.  Perhaps this is the logic of the
lecturer in question.

Grace,

Mark Markham
Heidelberg, Germany