Rohl (Peter)

peter_kirk at sil.org peter_kirk at sil.org
Tue Sep 28 19:59:50 EDT 1999

Thanks for this one. I think Rohl did spot this one, though he doesn't
make it explicit. He writes:

"When we look at the Assyrian King List we see that the father of
Ashur-uballit is given as Eriba-Adad whereas the Amarna Ashuruballit
has a father called Ashur-nadin-ahhe. Now it is accepted that the term
'father' can have the meaning ancestor, but as D.D. Luckenhall notes
'even so our difficulties are not all cleared up. In the texts...
Ashuruballit does not include Ashur-nadin-ahhe among his ancestors,
although he carries his line back six generations.'"