Vagina

Numberup at worldnet.att.net Numberup at worldnet.att.net
Fri Sep 24 18:42:27 EDT 1999

There is the word Q:FBFH ("qavah"), found at Numbers 25:8, which literally means
"stomach," but which i s translated as "womb" by the LXX (MHTRA) and "in locis
genitalibus" by the Vulgate.  At least one English version also renders it "genital
parts."  Then, there is the word "nartiq," which is post-biblical, probably Talmudic,
and literally means "case, box, or sheath"  Looks Aramaic, but I'm not sure. Also, the
rather poetic "beth ha-rechem," or "house of the womb."

Solomon Landers
Memra Institute for Biblical Research
http://www.memrain.org