The "times" of Isaiah

ROGLAND at rullet.LeidenUniv.nl ROGLAND at rullet.LeidenUniv.nl
Fri Sep 24 03:10:16 EDT 1999

        Dear Rolf,

        Thanks for the reply.  It raises two questions in my mind.
        Firstly, what sort of present "meaning" do you attribute to the
        formula?  Is it a "performative present", "timeless present",
        etc.?  I was assuming that you meant the former, but please let me
        know if that was a mistake.  Secondly, I'm curious to know why you
        think that God's voice *must* have a present "meaning".  It does not
        appear self-evident to me.

        Best wishes for your research,

        Max Rogland
        Leiden University