Ruth 4.4

Paul Zellmer zellmer at digitelone.com
Mon Sep 20 18:59:18 EDT 1999

Good on you, Matthew,

The complete verse, with the K marked by * and the Q by **, reads:

WA):ANIY )FMAR:T.IY )EG:LEH )FZ:N:KF L")MOR
Q:N"H NEGED HAY.O$:BIYM W:NEGED ZIQ:N"Y
(AM.IY )IM-T.IG:)AL G.:)FL W:)IM-LO) YIG:)AL
HAG.IYDFH L.IY *W:)"DA( **W:)"D:(FH K.IY
)"YN ZW.LFT:KF LIG:)OWL W:)FNOKIY
)AX:AREYKF WAY.O)MER )FNOKIY )EG:)FL

While your interpretation of K is possible, normally I do not try to
parse K.  They are not always real words.  Your question treats the K
more like a variant, which meant that the reader has a choice as to
which he prefers.  If I understand the K/Q concept, the reader should
*always* replace the K with the Q.

Yes, I do see the FH in the Q as coming from the cohortative.

HTH,

Paul