Jerusalem, definitions

Numberup at worldnet.att.net Numberup at worldnet.att.net
Wed Sep 8 16:12:28 EDT 1999

Of course, but those vowel endings for "misr" are grammatical case
endings for a noun that is the object of the prepositions "b-" ["in,"
"at," "for," etc.] and "m-" ["from," "of," etc.]  They are not part of
the word "misr" itself.  Just as the Qur'an might have any other noun
with a change of vowel [i, u, or a] endings depending upon its case in a
sentence.  Thus, in the Qur'an you might see Allah as Allahu, Allahi,
Allaha.  These are case endings.

Solomon Landers
Memra Institute for Biblical Research
http://www.memrain.org