Jerusalem, definitions

peter_kirk at sil.org peter_kirk at sil.org
Tue Sep 7 23:12:40 EDT 1999

Just in case there is any confusion, this case is quite different from
that of Jerusalem. MICRAYIM is a dual form derived from a well-known
root MCR which is attested even today in the Arabic name for Egypt,
which is Misir. As someone pointed out, there is no singular root or
stem form like YERUSHAL of which YERUSHALAYIM can be the dual.