Jerusalem, neuter plural

Numberup at worldnet.att.net Numberup at worldnet.att.net
Sun Sep 5 11:32:18 EDT 1999

Somehow I don't think the man would live long who came unto the King and shouted,
"Hey, Dude!"

Even if the "-ayim" ending for Jerusalem were "later" -- and who knows how much
"later"--- it no doubt expressed a hope at some point that the city as a Foundation of
Peace would be doubly blessed, or doubly expressive of that peace.  That, at least, is
one possible way of translating the term.

Solomon Landers
Memra Institute for Biblical Research
http://www.memrain.org