Invitation to join RelStud-Marketing list

Loren Crow lorencrow at earthling.net
Sat Sep 4 01:36:36 EDT 1999

Please excuse the duplication if you receive this email more than once due to cross posting.

I'm writing to invite you to join a list for the exchange of ideas about how to market the field of religious studies to undergraduate students.  My experience is that students are increasingly career-oriented and "tracked" by advisors into courses that often do not include the academic study of religion.  But there may be some methods that people have used or thought about using that could reach these students (and their advisors!) with the news that religious studies are probably not only highly relevant to their major fields of study, but also likely to make them better thinkers and better human beings.  If you're interested in a conversation of this sort please point your web browser to

    http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/RelStud-Marketing

and subscribe.  If you know anyone else who might be interested, please invite them to subscribe.

Thanks!
Loren Crow

        Loren D. Crow, Ph.D.
        Department of Religion
        Wiley College
        711 Wiley Avenue
        Marshall, Texas 75670 VOX: (903) 927-3219
        FAX: (903) 927-3336
        lorencrow at earthling.net
        http://www.texramp.net/~lorencrow

The unexamined life is not worth living.

      - Socrates