tohu vabohu (was: Re: new subscriber)

Lee R. Martin lmartin at vol.com
Tue Nov 30 09:51:17 EST 1999

Dear Armando,
One of the problems with Doukhan's work, as well as several other studies of
Gen. 1 -11, is that they ignore Genesis as a creative whole.  Gen 1 may be
studied individually from a form-critical point of view, as may Gen 2, the
flood story, the tower of Babel, etc. The history/stages of the text may
also be investigated.  But  when we begin to compare  Gen 1 to Gen 2 in
their present form,  then we must consider the composition of the entire
book of Genesis.  Gen 1-2 does not exist as a literary work apart from the
rest of Genesis.
Lee R. Martin