b-hebrew digest: November 18, 1999

Jim West jwest at highland.net
Mon Nov 22 10:00:46 EST 1999

At 04:32 PM 11/22/99 -0500, you wrote:

>I think we do need to decide and agree whether this list is for
>discussion of the biblical Hebrew language only or for wider
>discussion of the Hebrew Bible. In recent months it has become almost
>solely the latter, as the great majority of threads have had little to
>do directly with the Hebrew language. I am happy with this situation,
>but if others are not, maybe we need to reconsider the scope of this
>list.

For my part I would like to see the list focus strictly on the Hebrew
language- not only of the Bible but the DSS and other such literature.
There are numerous lists which are set up for discussion of
literary-critical and historical critical matters; i.e., Miqra, and for
German, Mikra.  TC issues can be addressed at the tc-list.  In short- there
are a plethora of lists available.  Focus, then, is desirable else we merely
have a lot of duplication of purpose.

Best,

Jim

Jim West, ThD