dt 8:8

peter_kirk at sil.org peter_kirk at sil.org
Fri Nov 19 23:34:24 EST 1999

If you are interested, I could probably find you a wealth of
information about the use of pomegranates and figs in folk medicine
here in Azerbaijan, some of which may well go back to the folk
medicine of the ancient Near East. Also I read that Pliny the elder
mentioned pomegranates as a universal remedy. No doubt the same
phenomena would be explained by modern medicine in terms of these
fruits being a valuable source of vitamins. But very likely they were
valued simply as tasty fruit. Have you ever eaten fresh pomegranate?
It is a much valued part of my own daily diet at this time of year.