dt 8:8

Joseph Crea Joseph.Crea at worldnet.att.net
Fri Nov 19 12:19:25 EST 1999

Hello Jim!

At 11:25 AM 11/19/99 -0500, Jim West wrote:
>the list of products here are interesting to me for a number of reasons.  i
>am fairly sure that wheat was used for human consumption, barley for feeding
>animals, vines for the production of wine, figs...???, just a snack i
>suppose, pomegranates...????  ,  olive oil for lamps etc, and honey for
>sweetener.
>
>what i am wondering about is if anyone knows of particular cultic or
>pharmaceutical uses for pomegranates or figs.

CREA
    Well, figs have been used for poultices (see Isaiah 38:21) as well as
for their laxative effect, and the bark of the pomegranate contains several
alkaloids  (pelletierine, methyl-pelletierine, pseudo-pelletierine &
iso-pelletierine)  which kill tapeworms.  Hope that this helps.

With Mettaa,

Joseph Crea
<Joseph.Crea at worldnet.att.net>