Courtesy

jharper at ix.netcom.com jharper at ix.netcom.com
Sun Nov 14 15:52:12 EST 1999

If I didn't know better, I'd think there was an epidemic of PMS on this list!

I've been here on and off for almost 3 years, and never have I seen such disrespect as I have in
the past few days.  Scholarly debate is not facilitated by sarcasm, nor is it enhanced by insult.
Argumentum ad hominem, IMHO, has NO place here.

Henry Kissenger once said that the reason why academic disputes are so vitriolic is precisely
because the stakes are so small.  So, can our disputants please stop mooning one another and let's
get on with learning?

Thank you.

J.
not the moderator, but really tired of all these p****r contests