http://www.birzeit.edu/links/store.html#myth

Henry Churchyard churchh at usa.net
Fri Nov 12 12:50:15 EST 1999

> Thomas L. Thompson" <tlt at teol.ku.dk>
> Subject: SV: Jot and tittle
> Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 09:26:54 0100

[...]

Uh, guy, I haven't read the books that are being plugged on that
web-site, and I have no idea whether the summaries offered on the
web-site are particularly accurate -- but none of that is especially
relevant to what I was saying.  What I was pointing out is that here
political Palestinians, who in the normal course of events wouldn't
particularly care one way or the other about the question of the
historical accuracy of the Bible, are seizing upon a book which (in
their own interpretation) argues that David and Solomon and the united
monarchy never existed (which I consider to be a thesis of
"minimalism" in a broad sense), in order to bolster their own
previously-held political views, and propagandize on behalf of the
same.

--
Henry Churchyard   churchh at usa.net   http://www.crossmyt.com/hc/