Hebrew Word Processors

peter_kirk at sil.org peter_kirk at sil.org
Sat Nov 6 23:01:24 EST 1999

Sounds like you need Windows 2000, which will support Hebrew and
German (not to mention Chinese and lots of other languages) all in one
package.

Nowadays it is not so much the word processors as the fonts which do
or do not have cantillation marks etc. The SIL Hebrew fonts (free
download from www.sil.org) include full cantillation and an input
method for western (left to right only) versions of Word, and they
should work with other word processors to some extent at least - you
are likely to have problems especially with word wrapping. But they
are not compatible with Israeli Windows. They may work with commercial
right to left editors on western Windows, but no guarantees. You're
welcome to try them and see.