To Jack & Jim on Fonts

peter_kirk at sil.org peter_kirk at sil.org
Sat Nov 6 22:55:42 EST 1999

This sounds like a problem with the shift to Unicode, which I am
familiar with with other non-Roman scripts and moving to Word 97. The
fonts may be incorrectly marked for Unicode, e.g. as symbol fonts, or
not as symbol fonts. You may be able to get round this by typing in
another font and then switching to the appropriate font. Try out a few
combinations and see if it works.