Chapters & Verses

Ruthy & Baruch alster at comandcom.com
Sat Nov 6 14:54:55 EST 1999

Jim wrote:

> Stephanus, 1551, so folk could more easily find what they were looking
for.

Wasn't it Stephen Langdon?  And I thought it was before the first Miqra'ot
Gedolot.

By the way, Menachem Ben Yashar wrote an article on this subject (in
Hebrew) in an issue of `iyune miqra uparshanut, Bar Ilan University's bible
periodical.  I don't remember what issue, but it shouldn't be too hard to
find - only four have been put out so far.

Baruch Alster
Kochav Ya'akov, Israel