Typology

Jonathan Bailey jonathan.bailey at gmx.de
Wed Nov 3 11:36:54 EST 1999

What do you mean by legitimate? Certainly the only types that a believer in the
plenary inspiration of the Old and New testaments can claim with absolute certainty
on every forum to to be able to interpret dogmattically are those that have been
interpreted for him by the New Testament. The others need not be thrown in the
trash, though. If one is willing to accept that one can not interpret a type with absolute
certainty, and is willing to act accordingly, then one can certainly make profitable use
of the wealth of symbolism of the Old Testament for the feeding of the Flock. It is
precisely this which ministers in our churches do not do enough of, in my opinion.

Jonathan Bailey
MA Kandidat
Hochschule für Jüdische Studien
Heidelberg