b-hebrew digest: June 23, 1999

Bill Rea cctr114 at its.canterbury.ac.nz
Thu Jun 24 18:01:01 EDT 1999

George wrote:-

>I remain unconvinced that Ezekiel is referring to the biblical Daniel
>- it seems a definite reference to Dan'il to me.

Some Bible translators agree with you. I read one very recently, I
think it was the TEV, which translated the name as Danel. If the
translators thought Ezekial's Danel was Daniel, I'm sure they
wouldn't have hestiated to make that plain.

Bill Rea, Information Technology Services, University of Canterbury  \_
E-Mail b dot rea at its dot canterbury dot ac dot nz                 </   New
Phone   64-3-364-2331, Fax     64-3-364-2332                        /)  Zealand
Unix Systems Administrator                                         (/'