Collation of BHS and Koren Texts

Henry Churchyard churchyh at ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
Thu Jun 17 01:40:25 EDT 1999

> From: "Ronald H. Stewart, Sr." <cpaman4 at juno.com>
> Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 0:0:13

> I recently purchased "BibleCodes Plus 99" from Computronics.  They
> use as their Hebrew Text the "Koren Text" and not the "BHS Text"
> according to their manual.  In the manual it mentions over a hundred
> differences between their text and the "BHS" text just in the Torah.
> Would anyone on this list know where to obtain a collation giving
> all the differences between these texts for the whole Tanakh?

Don't know anything about the Koren edition specifically, but I bet
that most of the differences between it and B19a/BHS/CCAT, as far as
the basic consonantal text goes, are in the use of waw and yod as
_matres lectionis_ (i.e. to help write vowel sounds) -- since that"s
generally where most of the variability in basic consonant letters
between different manuscripts and editions is.

--%!PS
10 10 scale/M{rmoveto}def/R{rlineto}def 12 45 moveto 0 5 R 4 -1 M 5.5 0 R
currentpoint 3 sub 3 90 0 arcn 0 -6 R 7.54 10.28 M 2.7067 -9.28 R -5.6333
2 setlinewidth 0 R 9.8867 8 M 7 0 R 0 -9 R -6 4 M 0 -4 R stroke showpage
       % Henry Churchyard      http://uts.cc.utexas.edu/~churchh/