Secret Codes

peter_kirk at sil.org peter_kirk at sil.org
Wed Jun 16 10:27:56 EDT 1999

Dear Will,

I don't wish to support Jim West's prejudiced views. But I think you
also need to be "tentative and respectful" rather than asserting that
others' statements "are false", and that they are wandering outside
their areas of expertise when you don't know what those areas of
expertise are.

Please can you submit examples of supposedly
"statistically-significant codes" so that I and others on the list
with suitable training can examine whether they really are
statistically significant.

Peter Kirk
MA in Physics and Theoretical Physics, University of Cambridge (in
addition to qualifications in theology)