Secret Codes

Will Wagers hyle at airmail.net
Tue Jun 15 07:33:22 EDT 1999

Jim West writes:

>it is pure rubbish- only believed by the unwashed herds of ignorant dullards
>now populating the planet.

I am rather surprised at the level of ignorant cynicism expressed by the
majority of responders on Secret Codes. I can only suppose that they have
been exposed to the theological and sensational variety of  decoders,
rather than the real, scientific issue involved--i.e., what is the cause
of the statistically-significant codes?

The statements by others that a) any English or Greek text would provide the
same results; and b) they occur by chance--are false.

If we should learn anything from the Internet, surely it is to be tentative
and respectful when we wander outside our own areas of expertise, especially
when our own area is something nonrigorous--like theology.

Will Wagers	hyle at gte.net	"Reality is the best metaphor."