Secret Codes

yahua'sef gs02wmr at panther.Gsu.EDU
Mon Jun 14 00:07:21 EDT 1999

Shalom Alaikhim

I would like to know what do list members think about the so-called Secret
Codes in the Hebrew text of the Bible. Is there any validity to these
claims that certain letters match up in numerical patterns to spell out
prophecies, names of events, and the name of the Jewish Messiah?

I know of one Hebrew Scholar ( can't remember his name) who was
interviewed about the "Bible Code" phenomenom, and he seemed pretty
adamant about the messages the letters spelled out. Is it in any way
grammatical or is it just superstition, coincidence, and fallacious
scholarship?

Shalom!

Wondell M. Rachman