historiography (Ken, again)

Ian Hutchesson mc2499 at mclink.it
Fri Dec 31 16:06:14 EST 1999

Unfortunately, Ken, your analogy is inappropriate. Simply not analogous,
unless you want to discount

1) the various statues of Cicero (et al.),
2) Cicero's property (ie we have proof of the writer in #1 & #2),
3) an epigraphic and archaeological basis to contextualize the literature,
4) independent literary support that also has #3

I suggest you find a more appropriate analogy. #3 & #4 will probably be too
hard for you to overcome, but I'm sure you can try. I'd recommend writer
less attested.

Cheers,

Ian

(If you really need #3 expanded on, I'll be happy to do so.)