historiography

Moshe Shulman mshulman at ix.netcom.com
Thu Dec 30 13:28:14 EST 1999

At 01:12 PM 12/30/1999 -0500, you wrote:
>At 12:54 PM 12/30/99 -0500, you wrote:
>
>>Jim, when do you date Josephus? Why? (BTW how do you deal with the
>>contradiction between Ant. 1.17 and Ant 4.197? Do you think there was two
>>authors?)
>this is more a discussion for Ioudaios- dont you think?  In the present
>thread we are discussing historiography in the Hebrew Bible and evidence
>like manuscripts and the like.  Josephus, interesting though he is, is not
>the Hebrew Bible.

Jim, didn't you ask him to mention a text? I think Josephus is more
relevant then the Greek historians mentioned. As to my questions they
relate directly to the points of discussion I raised with regardds to
methodology.

moshe shulman mshulman at NOSPAMix.netcom.com    718-436-7705
CHASSIDUS.NET - Yoshav Rosh            http://www.chassidus.net
Outreach Judaism                       http://www.outreachjudaism.org/
ICQ# 52009254