Regarding David

Niels Peter Lemche npl at teol.ku.dk
Thu Dec 30 10:31:00 EST 1999

That was the point I made in my article in JSOT, David's Rise. Journal for
the Study of the Old Testament  10 (1978), 2-25.

For these reasons I for a long time hated giving up the idea that the David
of the Bible might not be a historical person. I also loved to point with
his wives, all the important ones originally belonging to other men
(changing the chronology of the Michal marriage a little and pressing the
case). It was my faiblaisse for Richard Wagner that made me see that.

However, also other heroes have been described in more or less the same way,
even Alexander.

NPL