historiography

Niels Peter Lemche npl at teol.ku.dk
Thu Dec 30 08:55:05 EST 1999

True, but a case can be made for Cicero's place in the first century BCE,
because there are simply so many different sources that go together to form
what I have already called a network of information. We have other cases, of
cause, texts from the Old Babylonian dynasty, Ramesside inscriptions contra
Hittite sources, etc.

But apart for the silver plates with 50 and 75 % of Num 6:24-26, nothing
from Palestine/Israel to help us with the HB.

NPL