historiography (Peter)

peter_kirk at sil.org peter_kirk at sil.org
Thu Dec 30 11:54:14 EST 1999

Well, if you won't allow me a little fun and insist on direct
relevance, I suggest you try a search on OT/HB at Amazon.com and
compare the number of books (and the numbers of sales of them) written
from an evangelical perspective with the number supporting NPL's
position. I guess that the evangelicals would win, especially if you
included more popular works. But does that say anything about the
truth of their position?

The serious point is an ancient one, that truth cannot be judged by
its popularity, it has to be judged by the evidence. Do you disagree?